Friday, February 7, 2020

Progress, New Yarn, AND Fiber Space Starts Tonight!

I haven't worked as much as I would have liked to this week on my single crochet projects, but I did get to the Hobby Lobby this week for some more yarn!


I had to get more of the brown because I ran out of that mid-pot holder and couldn't finish without it (hence not getting much done this week). It was about 20 degrees out when I bought these, but I was still feeling in springtime mood, so I went with the green, and I think those would make nice St. Patrick's Day projects. 

But I almost have my third pot holder finished: 

I just need to stitch up the back of that and then this one will be finished. You can probably tell where I ran out of yarn toward the center of the back. 

The big news is that Fiber Space starts tonight! My husband and kids keep asking me where I'm going again tonight and tomorrow and I really don't want to answer this question because I know they will make fun of me (and may not be excited that I am missing a swim meet to go), but I am pretty excited. My goals for this weekend are to learn to do the other crochet stitches: double, half double, and maybe treble. I just googled and saw that there are 20 "basic" crochet stitches! I could work on this for the rest of my life and not learn them all!

What are your weekend goals for your project?

2 comments:

  1. What is fiber space and what do you do at it? Im glad to see how far you have come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiber Space is a retreat basically where people can get some dedicated time to work on crochet, knitting, spinning or a loom with people who are knowledgeable in all of those fiber arts and can help and guide you. I don't think they have cross stitch on the agenda, though! :)

      Delete